[PLUG] Accounting Software -- anyone doing their books with Linux?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 1 17:37:21 UTC 2014

On Thu, 1 May 2014, Tim Wescott wrote:

> To date, I've been doing my accounting in Peachtree, on Windows XP, in
> Virtual Box, under Linux.

> Does anyone use an accounting program under Linux, with or without Wine?
> My preference is for a program that comes set up for a small business;
> something that's native-Linux is better, but something that's worked well
> with Wine is acceptable.

Tim,

   Yep. Have for more than a decade. I started with SQL-Ledger, followed
Armaghan's fork to Ledger-123, and now am migrating to LedgerSMB (Small,
Medium Business). Chris Travers is the lead coder on this fork of SL with
the focus on security. <http://www.ledgersmb.org/>.

   Very highly recommended. Write to Chris for information.