[PLUG] Accounting Software -- anyone doing their books with Linux?

Patrick J. Timlick p.j.timlick at ieee.org
Thu May 1 18:44:12 UTC 2014

I thought I made a pretty valiant effort to do my company books with
gnucash.  I also looked in to the ledgersmb family too.  In the end, a
couple of years ago, I decided that the bank integration of those packages
was so relatively onerous that I gave up and went online.  I'm not
convinced either that the explicit double entry accounting in either of
those is worth it to me.  I got by just fine with Quickbooks.

I went to workingpoint.com which is good enough for me.  I've had some
problems, but I bug them, and they fix them.  According to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems, there is
about a 60% chance they run workingpoint on linux.