[PLUG] Firefox 24.x: Automatically Clear Download History

Ronald Bynoe ronald at bynoe.us
Fri May 2 15:56:57 UTC 2014

Perhaps I'm not understanding the motive behind the request, but from my
perspective it doesn't make sense. Here are the use cases I'm imagining:

1) You have a normal web browsing work flow but download a lot of files
during the day and don't want to have to click on the "Clear Downloads"
button to tidy up after the day. I guess I can understand that, but they
don't take up room, and if it's too cluttered then just click on the button
at the next file you download.
2) You are downloading files you don't want a record of having downloaded.
Why not just open a private browsing window in that case then, since that
will cause Firefox to have amnesia on the entire session?

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see how your work flow would
have to change much while using an up-to-date unpatched Chrome or Firefox
session.