[PLUG] Wierd Email

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sun May 4 15:49:31 UTC 2014

Has anyone received an email like this....

[If you are not the person who is in charge of this, please forward this to
your CEO,Thanks ]

Dear President,

We are the department of Asian Domain Registration Service in China. I have
something to confirm with you. We formally received an application that a
company which self-styled “    Jiading QiYu  Co.,Ltd  " were applying to
register “*      phillipsoasis     *" as their Brand Name and some domain
names through our firm.

Now we are handling this registration, and after our initial checking, we
found the name were similar to your company’s, so we need to check with you
whether your company has authorized that company to register these names.
If you authorized this, we will finish the registration at once. If you did
not authorize, please let us know within 7 workdays, so that we will handle
this issue better. Out of the time limit we will unconditionally finish the
registration for the other side.

Looking forward to your prompt reply.

Best Regards

Emily Jiang
Regional Manager

Tel:+86 182 021 67072\+86 136 519 57077

*www.ipincn.com <http://www.ipincn.com/>*

It sounds like a scam of some kind, but I did not find anything with a
quick google search.

Thanks,

Mark