[PLUG] Re-arranging Firefox Display

Dale Snell ddsnell at frontier.com
Tue Nov 4 18:42:44 UTC 2014

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 07:43:18 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>    The Slackware devs released an upgrade for Firefox from 28.n to
> 31.n. There are two display changes in the new version that I would
> like to have work as they did in earlier versions but I cannot find a
> way to do this within Firefox, and Web searches do not find anything
> relevant (or current).
>
>    1. In earlier versions when the View -> Sidebar menu was set to
> History (with a check mark on the left side), it stayed that way when
> the sidebar window was closed. Now when the window's closed Ctrl-h no
> longer opens it; it requires accessing the menu and re-enabling that
> option. I would like to re-enable the use of Ctrl-h to open the
> sidebar. Might that be on about:config somewhere?

This works here.  I type <ctrl-h> and the history panel opens.  I
don't know why it doesn't for you.  I'm not sure where the config
entry would be.  I just looked, and I couldn't find anything that
looked right.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

--Dale

--
Delusions are often functional.  A mother's opinions about her
children's beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam,