[PLUG] Of time and spreadsheets

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 17:54:20 UTC 2014

Folks,
I am trying to figure out how to handle time in a spreadsheet. I need
to enter the time hh:mm and then the hourly billing and obtain a billing
value for that time entered. Presently I just round the minutes to the
nearest 15 minute value, i.e. .25, .5, .75 or 1. But I would actually like
to have the spread sheet take the actual worked time from my time
clock app and not have the manipulate it so that it turns out correct.

I have looked but so far what I find is not exactly what I need.

In summary, I have three columns
time hh:mm   |   rate  | amount billed

The time is in 24hr format I do not have time to piss around with a.m.
p.m. so it will be 0-23 hrs, and minutes 0-59. I am trying to figure out
how to do the math so that the hours and minutes x rate will give me
the correct numbers in the amount billed column.
--

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.