[PLUG] Printer not supported in Windows!

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Nov 19 18:50:51 UTC 2014

On 11/19/2014 10:41 AM, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Dick Steffens <dick at dicksteffens.com> wrote:
>> Could you export the drawing and print it from a Linux CAD program, such
>> as BRL-CAD?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Dick Steffens
> I am looking into that.  A few years ago I looked into Linux CAD
> programs, and was very disappointed, to say the least.  I will check
> BRL-CAD and whatever else I can find.  If I can get an easy-to-use,
> simple 2D program in Linux I can abandon quick-cad.

I really miss Generic Cad. I still have the DOS disks (I think I may
have even moved them to a CD). The last time I tried it it didn't play
well on some DOS emulator I used (probably DOSEMU, but I couldn't swear
to it.) I still have Corel Cad, which I run on a virtual Win 2K. I don't
do much with it anymore, but it still works, and Win 2K has a driver for
my Brother printer. I started looking into BRL-CAD, but haven't had the
time to do more than install it on Ubuntu 12.04. We're starting to think
about a kitchen remodel so one of these days I'll have to devote some
time to it. Plus, it might be fun to see how the new kitchen would
withstand an artillery shell. :-)

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens