[PLUG] AirRouter DHCP lease range

Jim Garrison jhg at jhmg.net
Mon Nov 24 16:26:55 UTC 2014

On 11/24/2014 4:59 AM, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> Traditional yes, but as you know, not required.
> Some printers (my Epson R3000 for example) have a very simplified interface
> for entering the IP information. Each component of the dotted quad is expressed
> with three digits selected with a cumbersome sequence of arrow and OK button
> presses. So 10.11.69.6 is shown on the printer display as 010.011.069.006.
>
> I agree with Denis's "Wha??" reaction.

It gets worse.  In some systems, a leading zero indicates that
the notation is octal (base 8), which would change the interpretation
of the number.  010.011.069.006 would be equivalent to 8.9.?.6 where the
third octet is invalid since 9 is not a valid digit in octal.

--
Jim Garrison (jhg at acm.org)
PGP Keys at http://www.jhmg.net RSA 0x04B73B7F DH 0x70738D88