[PLUG] TuneIn Radio off the phone and onto the desktop

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Tue Nov 25 15:11:57 UTC 2014

If you use TuneIn radio and would like to also use it on your lap/desktop it is possible.

VLC has a plugin to interface with TuneIn radio.
http://addons.videolan.org/content/show.php/TuneIn+Radio?content=152788

Hints and Cautions:

Create a temp directory before unzipping the file. It does not create a subdirectory.

As instructions say copy tunein.lua to ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/sd
    If you have a TuneIn account you can edit the file to insert your credentials
    this will populate your favorites - convenience.

Unlike what the instructions say radiotime.lua and streamtheworld.lua need to go to
    ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/playlist/

If you have no idea what I'm referring to:
    http://tunein.com/

    Listen to over 100,000 real radio stations and more than four million
    podcasts streaming from every continent. Explore and follow the best
    in sports, news, music and talk to create your personalized feed.

I recommend it because it's global. You can get a radio stream in any language.
Yeah, sure they have a web interface. What fun is that?

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity