[PLUG] eee pc error msg on boot

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Mon Oct 13 17:07:50 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 06:21:45PM -0700, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> I have two Ubuntu 12.04 systems: a desktop and the netbook(notebook?)
> The desktop has a kernel 3.2.0-36-generic; the netbook has
> 3.13.0-36-generic.  Strange, since I update them both regularly.  I
> have no idea why Ubuntu would use a significantly older kernel for the
> netbook.  And I do not know how I might get a newer version.

According to their package search page, Ubuntu only offers up to Linux
3.13.0 for the 12.04 release.

   http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/linux-image-3.13.0-37-generic

You could try upgrading to the latest build, 37 (one newer than what
you're already got on your Asus).  But there's nothing in the
changelog to suggest a WMI-related fix.  Other options include
downgrading your kernel, or upgrading the entire install to a newer
release.  Both have their drawbacks.

--
Paul Mullen