[PLUG] Error splicing file

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Oct 14 21:46:32 UTC 2014

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:29:50 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>On Tue, 14 Oct 2014, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
>> There is no reason not to set the permissions at 777. Can someone
>> help me with the chmod command so I can drag and drop files with
>> Thunar?

>You use sudo, correct? Have you done 'sudo chmod 777 /128GB'?

I did 'sudo chmod 777 /media/jjj/128GB.' But it turns out that the
problem lay in one of the folders I was trying to copy. I had selected
several folders and one of them was a backup made with rdiff-backup.
For some reason rdiff-backup makes root the owner of the backup, hence
the file permissions problem. I moved the backup elsewhere from the
command line and all is now well in my world again. Well, except for
the exam I have tomorrow that I am not ready for. Back to work.