[PLUG] monitor flashing

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 14:59:33 UTC 2014

Update:

I have been taking notes on flashing behavior v.s. time powered off.

As expected, for shorter times off there is no flashing, at least none
visible, since there is a period from the time the power is restored
until anything appears on the screen.  For longer times off, overnight
for instance I see flashing in the order of 10 seconds.  I also notice
that the flashing rate starts high and decreases until the light
becomes steady.

The latest test was with the monitor off (switch on the monitor) but
the power to the monitor on, again an overnight test.  I started the
computer first to the point that I knew the boot was complete and I
would have screen display to see.  Turning the monitor on it came up
instantly with no flashing.

This latest may indicate that the problem is with the power supply,
not the tubes, although not knowing how the monitor turns the
illumination off via the switch makes this an uneducated guess.

Can anybody offer an educated guess?

-Denis