[PLUG] TUESDAY: October PLUG Advanced Topics: Living Desktop Environment-Free

Leander S. Harding lsh at lsh.io
Wed Oct 22 16:47:29 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Larry Brigman <larry.brigman at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the presentation, there is a link for history via a shell script.  In
> looking at that shell script it has
> a command that I don't know what it does - vmenu.
> I can guess but is it another script or a binary program that is specific
> to arch Linux?

vmenu is my alias for dmenu with some arguments I like. If you look in
the github repo of which the shistory script is a part (lsh-bin), you
find vmenu and a bunch of other little scripts I use.

-Leander

PS: The presentation software also supports vim-style hjkl motion keys
if you *really* want to be efficient. :)