[PLUG] SD card with wifi

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Oct 23 16:02:51 UTC 2014

I am thinking of buying an SD card (original, standard size) with wifi,
probably the Toshiba Flashair:

http://tinyurl.com/mdfkwh3

I need two things: 1) I must be able to format it without wiping out
the wifi capabilities and, 2) I need to be able to connect to it with
my laptop and copy files off of it.

From googling apparently (1) was not possible with the original version
of the Flashair, but it is with the current models. But I can't find
much about the possibility of (2). I have read warnings that some of
these cards will not allow access to the files unless you use the
manufacturer's Windows-only software.

Has anyone ever used one of these cards?