[PLUG] Identifying Why One Web Site Will Not Load

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 16 20:58:23 UTC 2014

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014, John Meissen wrote:

> Have you tried just running wget from a shell and watching what it does?

John,

   I have not.

> If it makes it all the way through then there's a problem with your
> browser. Are you using ad-blocking strategies? Maybe redirecting known ad
> sources in a way that would cause a request to appear to hang?

   Same problem occurs with firefox, opera, chromium, lynx, and links.
Adblock runs only on firefox.

   And this is the only web site I've tried accessing that has this issue,
and I first noticed it only last Saturday. Always connected as quickly there
as other sites before Saturday ... but it was a while ago when I last
visited there.