[PLUG] Identifying Why One Web Site Will Not Load [RESOLVED]

John Sechrest sechrest at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 00:15:55 UTC 2014

Interesting. That shows that you do not have a dns lookup timeout.

So then the next place that it makes sense to me to look is in browser
rendering.

Sometimes when a page has bad HTML on it, the browser gets lost.

But you said it was failing on many different browsers.... So that is
unlikely.

the page came up very fast for me. So I can not replicate the problem.

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 2014, John Sechrest wrote:
>
> > The issue feels suspiciously like a DNS timeout. It may be a dns lookup
> > problem on the server, or a dns lookup problem on your client.
> >
> > Doing some digging around in the DNS with dig might be helpful.
>
> John,
>
>    I'm not a dig expert by any means. Asking dig for grass.osgeo.org ANY
> returns the A record in 195 msec. using the first nameserver in
> /etc/resolv.conf: 8.8.8.8 (google.com). That encompasses my dig expertise.
>
> Rich

John Sechrest       .   Need to schedule a call :
https://clarity.fm/sechrest
                                   .
                                        .
                                                .