[PLUG] Clinic and networking

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Sep 20 15:34:41 UTC 2014

I still have problems with NFS between my laptop and my desktop. The
issue is a matter of permissions. I have done everything that online
help has suggested, including here, but the problem persists. I am
thinking of bringing my laptop to the Clinic so people can see hands-on
what the problem is, but the ethernet network at Free Geek is not the
same as my ethernet at home. I think the share should still work; I'd
just need to change the mount command to reflect whatever IP addresses
the Free Geek router gives the machines. Am I right in thinking this?