[PLUG] WiFi Dropped

Rob Branch-Dasch decomprose at mac.com
Mon Sep 22 03:08:32 UTC 2014

Hello all,
Wifi connectivity dropped. Network settings lists only networks I have previously connected to and shows them all as out of range. Other known networks within range are not detected.

Looks like I have the card drivers, but they're switched off??? Running Mint 16 Petra on a Lotus laptop. RealTek RTL8111/8168/8411 card 1, driver r8169. IF is eth0, state down. RealTek RTL8723AE PCIe card 2, driver rtl8723ae. IF wlan0, state down.

Rfkill list says soft and hard are not blocked. Driver manager says no proprietary drivers, so offers no options.

Maybe of interest: syslog shows warn trying to remove a non-existant call id. Also shows info wlan0 device state change unavailable disconnected reason supplicant available.

Sorry for brevity; without wifi must type this into phone. Thanks in advance for any ideas.