[PLUG] WiFi Dropped

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 03:20:20 UTC 2014

On 09/21/2014 08:08 PM, Rob Branch-Dasch wrote:
> Hello all,
> Wifi connectivity dropped. Network settings lists only networks I have previously connected to and shows them all as out of range. Other known networks within range are not detected.
>
> Looks like I have the card drivers, but they're switched off??? Running Mint 16 Petra on a Lotus laptop. RealTek RTL8111/8168/8411 card 1, driver r8169. IF is eth0, state down. RealTek RTL8723AE PCIe card 2, driver rtl8723ae. IF wlan0, state down.
>
> Rfkill list says soft and hard are not blocked. Driver manager says no proprietary drivers, so offers no options.
>
> Maybe of interest: syslog shows warn trying to remove a non-existant call id. Also shows info wlan0 device state change unavailable disconnected reason supplicant available.
>
> Sorry for brevity; without wifi must type this into phone. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Hello!

I guess  you would follow a few steps for starters:

Step 1: check hardware switch (I gotta ask, good habit)
Step 2: Did you install the driver manually, as in not through the
repository?
Step 3: Have you upgraded the Kernel recently?

If the answers to steps 2 and 3 are yes then you driver is toast and
needs to be reinstalled however you did that in the first place.
Check that and we can work from there, I won't bog your little screen
down :P

-Ben