[PLUG] Such a thing as a "single user" Linux?

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Wed Sep 24 02:15:58 UTC 2014

When I decided to abandon Windows(tm), besides asking for
suggestions I acquired a collection of live-CDs.

One reason for the CDs was a defacto test of my hardware
compatibility with Linux generally. All ran. Some were friendly.
Some weren't. All were disqualified for lack of expandability. I
am currently in the Debian camp. The current furor over systemd
has fed my opinion of Linux that it it has a strong bias towards
multi-tasking/users.

In a way what I'm looking for is CPM-80 for a i386/486/... with
apt-get (Synaptic a plus).