[PLUG] Such a thing as a "single user" Linux?

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Wed Sep 24 13:34:26 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 09:15:58PM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> When I decided to abandon Windows(tm), besides asking for
> suggestions I acquired a collection of live-CDs.

> In a way what I'm looking for is CPM-80 for a i386/486/... with
> apt-get (Synaptic a plus).

Tough request.  Do you have a 14" monochrome monitor to support this quest?
vedit isn't available. joe, the wordstar clone, is.

What do you plan to do in this CPM-like environment?

(and ediiting inittab to boot to single user mode isn't doing it for you.)

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity