[PLUG] Adding timestamp to log file entry

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 26 18:59:06 UTC 2014

On Fri, 26 Sep 2014, Larry Brigman wrote:

> That seems to be an issue with the dhcp server configuration.  Yes, they
> can set the reservations to be very short but to constantly shift them is
> overkill - especially if you have a business account.

Larry,

   My Frontier Communications account is under the business name.

> Do you know your netmask?

   Nope.

> That is a class A address space that is being used so 16,777,216 hosts in
> the 50/8 network unless it is being segmented.

   Some months ago the IP addresses were in a different address space;
128.0.0.0 seems familiar but may be wrong. When they changed me to the
50.38.0.0/16 block they also borked my Web access to grass.osgeo.org.

   Given my experiences with their copper wire service there's certainly no
hurry to have them as my ISP. My accountant also has Frontier for land lines
and as her ISP. Her telephones have been out all week and the telco told her
on Wednesday it would take them 3 days to reboot their servers and restore
service. So much for regulated monopolies.