[PLUG] Data Centers in Portland

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sat Sep 27 06:44:39 UTC 2014

>>>>> "Kris" == Kris  <krisa at subtend.net> writes:

Kris> I have direct experience with Pittock-IX, Opus Interactive, and
Kris> Easystreet.

Kris> Easystreet used to be my go-to for co-location, but they have
Kris> exited this market in favor of building private clouds for
Kris> enterprise.

Kris> I currently have 4 cabinets at Opus Interactive in the TATA
Kris> building downtown and am overall happy (easy to converse
Kris> directly with their CEO).  They are almost out of space downtown
Kris> so you might be directed towards their Hillsboro facility (I
Kris> prefer co-location I can bike to from the office in the Pearl).

Kris> I've been in the Pittock building through various companies and
Kris> have been very happy and currently have 1/3 cabinet for transit
Kris> and peering.  Keep in mind Pittock is more for those who want to
Kris> role their own Internet connectivity.  Pittock will sell you
Kris> space and power, but connectivity has to be obtained separately
Kris> - the building has _a lot_ of carrier presence (he.net, spectrum
Kris> networks, silverstar, NWAX, Google, FB, etc., etc.).

FWIW, since March, Personal Telco is being hosted by Canvas Host in
the Pittock.  We have our own machine there.  We also have a machine
at Stephouse, in a different cage about 20 feet away.

We used to have a machine in an Integra co-lo, but they kicked us out
after about 10 years when they couldn't remember why they were being
nice to us.  They were being nice to us because one of their lead
technical guys thought we were cool, and keeping him happy was in
their interest or something.  Then he left.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net