[PLUG] PLUG Digest, Vol 120, Issue 40

John Bartley K7AAY john@503bartley.com john.bartley at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 20:23:19 UTC 2014

> Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 00:17:53 -0700
> From: Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net>
> Subject: Re: [PLUG] Frontier outage
> To: Portland Linux/Unix Group <plug at lists.pdxlinux.org>

> john.bartley at gmail.com> writes:
>
> <snip>
>
> John> Has she filed a complaint with the regulators?

Russell replied:

> Internet services isn't a regulated service.

>From when I worked toll test for a telco in Dixie, I learned 'unregulated'
services are not 'unwatched' by the PUC.

So, there's no banhammer per se. Doesn't mean the call won't get forwarded
to an exec at Frontier who will get sick and tired of the lack of progress
and maybe add more resources. Don't ask, don't get.

And, a tearful story explaining the lost of $$$$$ sent to the Consumerist
could also help.