[PLUG] Mailman Configuration Question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 2 17:13:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, wes wrote:

> Aracnet runs your lists now. You don't get to configure Aracnet's lists
> for them. You have to use whatever method they provide to manage them.

wes,

   I seem to be caught between a rock and a hard place. The folks at Aracnet
have installed Mailman and made it available to me through the cPanel for my
account. Reading the Mailman FAQ I find three entries related to "Why can't
I see my lists on the listinfo page?"

   Since my lists are configured to advertise themselves, the issue seems to
be a need to set up a virtual host and tweak mm_cfg.py. That must be done on
the server hosting Mailman as far as I know.

   So, allowing potential subscribers to see the the lists and
subscribe/unsubscribe appears to be a Mailman server configuration,
including creation of a virtual host (I assume for lists.appl-ecosys.com)
which the Aracnet admins and support techs do not know how to do and I don't
have access to do it. Besides, such changes need to be done so others using
their Mailman server aren't borked by me trying to make my lists visible.

Sigh,