[PLUG] Mail Administration Question

Louis Kowolowski louisk at cryptomonkeys.org
Mon Apr 6 18:47:10 UTC 2015

I’ve found that too many mail domains don’t have proper DNS setup and blocking based on this will generate problems for people. You can however configure SpamAssassin to increase the score based on DNS unresolvability. I would suggest this. It also leaves the ultimate decision up to the recipient on whether they wish to filter the mail or not, which I believe is the correct thing to do.

Note that these comments are based on the perspective of running multiple domains and many users all on the same systems. If its just your personal mail, you can take certain liberties that others may not be able to.