[PLUG] Mail Administration Question

Roderick Anderson raanders42 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 20:04:28 UTC 2015

Rich,

If you are running Postfix I strongly suggest running Postgrey or other
greylisting software.

I saw a 90%+ drop in incoming spam about one day after it was fired up
(5+ years ago).  This was for around 200 domains.  I have had to
whitelist a few incoming domains but the stock 'white-list' that comes
with the install handles the big ones.

This is on about 8 MX servers.  The accepted mail is delivered to the
actual domain's mail server where spam filtering knocks out most of the
rest.

YMMV

Rod