[PLUG] Occasional Samba connection problem

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Apr 15 18:34:24 UTC 2015

Very infrequently (it's been several months) I find that I am unable to
connect to my wife's Win 7 machine from my Ubuntu 12.04 machine. This
morning I was able to make that connection a few hours ago, but now,
when I click Places > Network > Browse Network, and then double click on
the icon for her machine, a "Loading ..." message appears in the bottom
right hand corner of the window for about 30 seconds (I assume that's
some kind of time out), but no connection is made. I can connect to
another Ubuntu 12.04 machine, and to a Win 7 laptop, and that Win 7
laptop can see my wife's Win 7 desktop. Any ideas where to look to fix this?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens