[PLUG] Emacs: Uneven Tab Spacing

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 22 14:29:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015, Rich Shepard wrote:

>> What happens if you type C-q TAB instead of TAB by itself?
>   Haven't tried that. Will later today.

   Nothing. If I type C q then q is entered in the line. If I type C-q
nothing happens.

>> Finally, are your tab stops set to something you're expecting? You can
>> issue "M-x ruler-mode" to see the tab stop locations.
>   Good point. I'll check this, too.

   At 3.2 inches I see a red '#' and at 8.0 inches I see a red 'paragraph'
symbol (a backwards P with double vertical strokes). Then there's the yellow
'!' showing the position of the point along the ruler.

   On a test file of received spam I get inconsistent spacing:

From	HomeWarranty at by.hybragen.com	Tue	Apr	21	12:09:50	2015

That's with a single [Tab] between strings. It's not as acute as this line: