[PLUG] Emacs: Uneven Tab Spacing

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 22 19:55:06 UTC 2015

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015, Dale Snell wrote:

> Heh, neither do I, but I've seen people do the strangest things, including
> using a prop font for text editors and terminal emulators. (Ugh.)

Dale,

   Probably Microserfs.

> The default settings annoy the heck out of me.  Here's how I have
> mine set:
>
>    (setq-default indent-tabs-mode nil)
>    (setq-default tab-width 4)

   Thanks. No tab settings in ~/.emacs before; now there are.

> Okay...  It sounds to me like you need to look into how jpilot is set up.
> I can't help you there; I know nothing about jpilot. Heck, I don't even
> have a PIM.

   Jpilot dumps the selected data as a .csv file; no spaces. I replaced the
commas with tabs (probably in joe) and removed the quotes. But, then I
formatted the file in what I thought was the correct format, but wasn't so I
had to redo it so each record was on a single line with tabs between
strings. That's what I tried doing in emacs.

   Well, next time I'll see if the tabs set to 4 makes a difference.

Many thanks,