[PLUG] multi-function color laser printer for home office

Joe Shisei Niski joeniski at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 16:40:37 UTC 2015

A while back there was a great thread about the Brother HL-2270DW. My
wife's inkjet printer/scanner/fax is dying, and our venerable LaserJet
5MP prints well but doesn't even support duplex printing - and we need
scanning & fax capability. Wife needs color for business docs, but
photo-quality isn't a requirement. We're a Linux household, with
as-needed Windows via VirtualBox.

My initial research shows that multifunction color lasers (some of which
are powered by LEDs rather than real lasers) have come way down in price
in recent years.  The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw looks Does anyone
on this list have experience or recommendations with this model or
near-equivalents?

Tia,
Joe