[PLUG] fstab entry

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Sun Aug 30 04:01:35 UTC 2015

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 8:36 PM, Denis Heidtmann
<denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Read the dd(1) man page CAREFULLY.  Double and triple check your
>> command line -- you don't want to swap the if= and of= entries!...
>> --Dale
>>

> I have a drive.  It has not been tested.  Will I  have to move both drives
> to a linux system to perform the dd, or is there a live floppy (no CD on
> the win 3.1 machine)?
>
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> -Denis

Get boot floppy with busybox on it, maybe this one
http://www.giannone.ch/bgtlb/current/

Busybox includes dd and nc (netcat).

Using dd and nc together you can transfer the image over the network
to another drive or a disk image
https://www.ndchost.com/wiki/server-administration/netcat-over-ssh

It will be slower than putting both disks in the same machine, but it
can be done.

Bill