[PLUG] Time to build a new PC

Josiah Luscher sy at josiahluscher.com
Mon Dec 7 20:51:30 UTC 2015

I wish the Broadwell Xeon D-1540 was available on more motherboards..

http://ark.intel.com/m/products/87039/Intel-Xeon-Processor-D-1540-12M-Cache-2_00-GHz#@product/specifications

Such an impressive chip!

I want to build a new computer too, but I'm frustrated with Intel for having such crappy desktop CPU selection.  The only chip I'd consider today would be an inexpensive Pentium Skylake, like the G4400 for $~70.

Then I'd pick the chipset I wanted.

 Really can't start recommending or comparing motherboards Without knowing those two things.

 My experience has been that the name brand of the motherboard has only a small impact on my purchasing decision.  I do tend right now to lean towards Gigabyte, but they're all quite good generally.