[PLUG] Survey: what make/model router do you use at home?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Dec 23 03:32:17 UTC 2015

On 12/22/2015 06:40 PM, Russell Senior wrote:
> Galen Seitz and I are working on a project where we encountered a "bug"
> in our hardware/software when connecting to certain off-the-shelf wifi
> routers, involving the 4way handshake associated with RSN/WPA2.  We are
> trying to estimate the probability that customers are going to encounter
> this in the field.  So far, we know of 4 make/models that are
> problematic and 4 make/models that aren't.
>
> Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability:
>
>   1) what is the make/model of the wifi device that you use in your
>      house?  none is an acceptable answer.

Buffalo WZR-600DHP

>   2) about how old is it (rough guess is fine)?

Maybe a couple of years. I got it based on results of a thread on this
list, so a more accurate guess could be made.

>   2) is it running firmware from the vendor or have you installed a 3rd
>      party firmware like DDwrt, OpenWrt or similar?

Vendor.

>   3) Do you now or have you ever exhibited any interest in model trains?
>      (this is to weight your answer heavier for the target demographic)

I had a Lionel 027 train set when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. During the
5th grade to high school years I had an HO layout set up from time to
time. I dabbled with N a bit after getting married, but never got around
to designating space for a layout. All the old train gear went away by
way of Craigs List several years ago.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens