[PLUG] LibreOffice Calc External Reference Problem

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Feb 11 02:05:45 UTC 2015

LibreOffice Calc is duplicating some of the link information when try to
import data from one spreadsheet to another.

Example:

I create three xls files, 1.xls, 2.xls, and 3.xls.

I enter the value 1 in cell A1 in file 1.xls. I enter the value 2 in
cell A1 in file 2.xls.

I file 3.xls in cell A1 I hit =, switch to file 1.xls, click in cell A1,
return to file 3.xls, and click the check mark. The value 1 from cell A1
in file 1.xls now appears in cell A1 in file 3.xls. The line that shows
the formula for that cell contains the following:

='file:///home/rsteff/Desktop/1.xls'#$Sheet1.A1

Looks correct. But, if I close file 3.xls and reopen it, the formula in
cell A1 now reads:

='file:///home/rsteff/Desktop/home/rsteff/Desktop/1.xls'#$Sheet1.A1

Note that /home/rsteff/Desktop is repeated which, of course, doesn't
exist and which sets of an error dialog box.

Has anyone had this problem? Did you find a solution?

(There would be a 2.xls with something else in A1 which would be added
in A1 of 1.xls in 3.xls, but not until I solve this problem first.)

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens