[PLUG] Remote Access Issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Feb 14 16:03:57 UTC 2015

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015, Russell Senior wrote:

> Your gateway router will have a port forward. If it is pointing at port
> 22 and you don't use that locally, then yes that could explain it.

Russell,

   That must have been the problem. I logged in to the Netgear's admin page
and saw that service ssh was assigned to port 22. Changed it to the new port
number, and will take the laptop somewhere today for a test.

   It never occurred to me to look on the router for the ssh port when I made
the changes to sshd_config on the server and ssh_config on the client.

Very much appreciated!