[PLUG] Shifting a virtual box instance to another user

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Sat Feb 28 23:55:03 UTC 2015

I set up a practice virtualbox instance as keithl, and now want to
move it to user "sally" on the same machine, or share it with her.
Is there an easy way to do that?  What files should I copy or
link?  Only one user using one instance at a time.

Alternately, is there a way to set up su or sudo so that sally
can run a shell script to run my instance as keithl?  I fiddled
with that, but again virtualbox seems unable to find all the
files it needs.

Keith

P.S. I tried setting up KVM/QEMU instead, but kept running into
snags, such as graphics acceleration.  In any case, the Win7
and apps (and license keys and $$$) are configured with V.Box.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com