[PLUG] Linux (pref Debian) brainstorming group - does one exist?

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Sat Jan 3 14:50:33 UTC 2015

I'm working on a personal project has some rather odd (OK already
WEIRD ;) goals and constraints. I wish to ask questions without
getting referrals to "How to ask a question" or "don't do that" etc.

My constraints (some external, some by definition) and
restricting goals include
   1. no wide-band access to internet
   2. no local networking
   3. initial experiments shall be based on Debian Squeeze from
purchased set of DVDs
   4. a single user system as in - one keyboard, one display, one
mouse, one explicitly
      specific operator
   5. system shall as minimal as possible
   6. while using structure of apt, all package dependencies
shall be explicit. That
      not only means not using recommends/suggests but also
packages will not be loaded
      only because they are labelled "essential".

This is an invitation to "tell me where to go" <GRIN>
Thank you