[PLUG] No Incoming Mail: Postfix-2.11.3 [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jan 8 22:57:27 UTC 2015

On Thu, 8 Jan 2015, wes wrote:

> This is a very common failure mode for residential-grade routing devices
> (oh who am I kidding, it's common for ALL routing devices). The port
> forwarding rules seem to live in a different part of the device's system
> than the dynamic NAT rules which allow you to do things like browse the
> web.

wes,

   This is the first such failure here so it ain't common to me. :-) The last
time I lost incoming mail (not that many months ago) it was after a postfix
upgrade that replaced the highly customized main.cf with the default
template version. When I found that to be the case it was a matter of
restoring the old main.cf.

   So, it was the DSL modem/switch that decided to mis-behave, eh? Should
this happen again power-cycling the bugger will be the first thing I'll do.

Much thanks,