[PLUG] Membership tracking software?

Roderick Anderson raanders42 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 16:40:21 UTC 2015

Recommendations?

I just took on the Treasurer position for a local non-profit which
includes tracking membership and dues.

Currently the club (Kootenai Amateur Radio Society) is using Quick Books
for accounting and Excel spreadsheets for membership rosters.  So here I
am trying to get a Windows system up for QB and using a spreadsheet for
something better done with a data base.

Did some research (Google searches) but probably picked poor search
terms.  Didn't get good results.
    I seem to remember some mention on the list of others working with
membership handling.  Therefore the request for recommendations.

Dream solution:

    First: it is FOSS.

    Second: runs on Linux or Windows.

    Third: not web based right now as I don't know the full story on the
clubs hosting situation but could put up my own server if that is the
better solution.

    Forth: If it is OSS, coded in Perl or ... PHP so I can feel fairly
comfortable if hacking is needed.  C, Fortran, Basic and Python can be
dealt with.

As usual all thoughts, ideas, or clue-sticks are appreciated.

\\||/
Rod