[PLUG] Stable guest for Virtualbox - Win 7 or 8?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 14 18:57:33 UTC 2015

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> Windows 7 or 8 for a long term virtual guest?  Which is more
> Virtualbox compatible and less dancing-paperclip disgusting?

Keith,

   I have a Win7 home edition bought on eBay that runs in virtualbox on my
Slackware-14.1_x64 just to allow upgrading the Garmin GPSs. Unless, or
until. Garmin changes their BaseCamp or upgrade files so they no longer run
on this installation it works for me.

   If QuackBooks runs on win7 I'd use that.

   FWIW, I run Ledger123 here for business accounting (it's an enhanced,
cleaned-code version of SQL-Ledger) and provide my accountant with PDF files
of balance sheet and income statement each month. She cuts-and-pastes from
those into her tax software (or re-keys the data for all I know).