[PLUG] Clinic?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sat Jan 17 09:01:34 UTC 2015

Is there a clinic this weekend?  I recently received a Toshiba Encore 2
Baytrail tablet.  Despite the 32-bit EFI problems, I have managed to
install "fedlet", a version of Fedora 21 that's been (partly) tuned for
these 32-bit EFI tablets.  I even have managed to get the built-in wifi
to work.  However, Fedora is not my native habitat and some things are
still not working, such as bluetooth, auto screen tilting, a reliable
and fully functional onscreen keyboard and some other things I'm not
remembering at the moment.  There are a series of misfeatures with this
thing, one of which is that you can't charge or power the thing while
the sole usb-port is connected to an OTG cable, which makes support for
the onboard devices particularly important.

If anyone wants to help me figure this stuff out, let me know and I'll
be sure to be there.

Also, as a followup to my offer of a Linksys WRT54G/GL give away, I'll
bring the box to the clinic and the people who wanted one or two can snag
away.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net