[PLUG] T60 upgrade, Zotac at clinic Sunday

Paul English penglish1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 02:26:13 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Keith Lofstrom <keithl at gate.kl-ic.com>
wrote:

> At the clinic Sunday, I will be upgrading the processor in
> my T60 laptop, and helping Larry replace the fan on his --
> pretty much the same operation.
>
> I will also bring in the Zotac with dual screen to play with.
> I haven't found time to set up QEMU-KVM with Windows 7, but I
> will have the kit to do so if we find time.  The machine is
> currently set up with Scientific Linux 7 and MATE desktop.

Portland is a little far from Seattle for me to join, but I'm very curious
about the Zotac - which model is it? And most importantly - does it have a
mini-PCIe slot?

Zotac's web pages are a little weak on details, particularly that one. I
realize it has an mSATA slot, and often these are also mini-PCIe, but not
always.

mini-PCIe would let one add dual Intel gigabit NICs (~$80) to make an
extremely low power, but also reasonably(?) fast router.