[PLUG] GIMP alternatives (grump)

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Wed Jan 21 17:31:42 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 01:59:24PM -0800, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> GIMP now defaults to its internal format XCF, regardless of the
> source file type. Saving to the original format (JPG, PNG, etc.)
> requires an export, and remembering the original format type.

Who gives a rip about the original format type? CTRL-e choose what you want.
(Decided to test this before sending) and Wait! CTRL-e defaulted to the
original format.  So if you can wrap your finger habits around that
key combination you're back to goodness.

I would recommend showfoto, because it does match the criteria you list.
Included in that is batch operations. But AFAIK it's not available in
your distro of choice. Though it is available for Centos. It comes bunded
with digikam, the photo library management app.

Fotoxx is also highly regarded and available on your distro of choice.
I think that may fit your situation best. It has some easy to ignore features
that are outside of your current scope. This link should provide enough information
for you to see if it is indeed a match.
http://www.kornelix.com/fotoxx.html

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon