[PLUG] [SOLVED] Server-to-SMS text message service

Neal nsedell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 19:40:44 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Nat Taylor <bioborg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was going to suggest a prepaid phone with a cheap plan (tracfone or net10
> or something?) connected to your computer via usb, and your computer sends
> the messages via the phone connected to it, but a dollar a month plus 100
> messages for .75 is hard to beat.

Tracfones are not "normal" so try before you buy. My trusty old Moto W376G
won't even charge via USB without a hacked .inf file, never mind actual
communication with the phone.

Perhaps things have changed in the cough cough <6+> cough years since I got
it. Might be a reason to finally upgrade, assuming I can find an equally
rugged flip style phone. Not interested in a smart phone unless the screen
also grows to a usable size, say 10" diagonally. :-)

Regards,
NealS