[PLUG] Recommended Disk Test

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Jan 23 00:37:52 UTC 2015

On 01/14/2015 03:09 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> On 01/14/2015 01:24 PM, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> <snip>
>> or a power supply problem (these wear out).
> That's what I'm guessing. I've got one on order ($25) and will give it a
> try.

The new power supply arrived Tuesday. I finally had time to swap it out
today. As of start up there's no apparent difference. But, since the
problem was intermittent, I expect it won't show up again, and that's
how I'll know if it was the power supply.

I do like the case on that Lenovo box. The replacement was very easy.
Disconnect four cables, take out four screws, take out the old power
supply. Put in the new supply, the four screws, and reconnect the four
cables. Close up the case (drop down the lid and press in place) and
it's done.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens