[PLUG] Zotac

jim karlock jjkarlock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 00:53:01 UTC 2015

OK, I got one like Keith's, a BI320.
Put in 4 G of memory & 500G hard drive (not solid state)

First surprise is that it only takes about 1/2 amp at 15-19v and it
seems to work as low as 10v (current went up as one expects). That
means the power consumption is very low - under 10 watts. That also
means it should work on a 12 battery.

I set it up to dual boot between 2 instances of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Now my question:

Is there some way to completely hide one instance of Ubuntu from the
other for security: I want one for secure banking and the other for
general use. A superficial test shows that the general use instance
can see the file structure of the entire drive, but cannot get into
the other's files without the password. I feel more secure if it were
not visible (except as a boot choice at boot time.)

Thanks
JK