[PLUG] T60 upgrade at Clinic (redux)

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Sat Jan 31 05:14:36 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 06:29:07PM -0800, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> At Linux Clinic on Sunday, we put together Larry's T60 thinkpad laptop
> (from a $20 carcass at Green Century) and rebuilt some of my spare
> pile.  I finished upgrading them;  7 machines upgraded to the latest
> BIOS, 3GB RAM, new 2GHz 64 bit T7200 processors, replacing some T2xxx
> series 32 bit processors.  Those will be my lifetime spares, until
> full-size screen laptops with trackpoints and shaped keys are for
> sale again, or I get a graphics brain implant.
>
> BTW, I purchased 8 processors on eBay for $8.59 each from
> xhenxia-2011 in Hong Kong.  They are clean and seemingly brand
> new, and all are working fine so far.

I used all the T7200 processors from Hong Kong, and will order
8 more.  Some will be donated to Free Geek.

Is anybody else interested in a few of these?   I will not be
doing more upgrades at the Clinic - too many other needs - but
I would be glad to participate in a laptop rebuild afternoon if
someone else hosts and organizes it.

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com