[PLUG] /not/ OK, Google

Dale Snell ddsnell at frontier.com
Thu Jul 2 15:56:13 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2 Jul 2015 07:59:37 -0700, in message
CAArUT0hZnOH1dLC4AU_VYytmTz7XeGA+3vpRbRL8msTgKv+Mpg at mail.gmail.com,
Denis Heidtmann wrote:

> Certainly bad news but not too surprising.
>
> Two questions:
>
> How/why did Debian permit black-box code?

I don't know.  I have to wonder the same thing about Fedora.

> Can a smart phone be turned off (other than removing the battery)?

To the best of my knowledge, no.  Several years ago, Motorola
introduced a smartphone that responded to voice commands.
Including, IIRC, something on the order of "phone on".  (This was,
as I recall, before Apple introduced Siri to an unsuspecting
world.)

--Dale

--
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."