[PLUG] Using GitHub Download [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 11 20:01:59 UTC 2015

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   An update to a 5-year-old book is being written with code available on
> the project's github page. The author asks for feedback on the developing
> second edition, and I need to learn how to use the subject of the book
> (ggplot2 for R graphics).

   Turns out that I don't need to learn or use ggplot2; the lattice package
will work just as well with the knitr module that allows R code to be
embedded in LaTeX/LyX documents. When the document is compiled, the R code
is compiled first and the results are included within the LaTeX/LyX
document. This saves cutting-and-pasting and provide guidance on using R to
analyze data to those reading the document.

   It's interesting that all the knitr documents I've read, including Xuihi's
book, mention only R's base graphics and Hadley Wickham's ggplot2. That's
why I thought I needed an additional graphics package.